Friday, January 31, 2014

Why Bullying IS NOT okay...

I think we've all had a moment in our lives where we've felt defeated, down on our luck, and probably really really angry. For most people, they channel that anger into crying, wanting to be alone, pouting, and might even channel it into something positive like art or songwriting. Not every day is a good day and that's okay.
But I want to tell you what's NOT okay.

Bullying. Bullying is not okay.

I hope you're hearing me on this kids. I have 29 years of living under my belt, 13 years of elementary/middle/high school, 4 years of college, and 7 years of teaching. And in all my time on the planet I can tell you that putting people down to make yourself feel better is never okay. It is NOT OKAY.

It's not okay to be a bully.

It's not okay to be bullied.

Both actions have serious consequences. Bullying can lead to problems with self-confidence, a negative attitude, and depression. Both parties are hurt in bullying. Nobody wins!

Let's stop bullying by brainstorming ways we can keep positive thoughts. Think about the nice things you could say to each other. One nice thing could change your day. I know it has changed mine a time or two! If you can't think of something nice to say--YOU'RE NOT TRYING HARD ENOUGH!

Every person matters!

Check out this video from Kid President! His pep talk will inspire you to make the world awesome!


No comments:

Post a Comment