Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Family Reading Night



Every story is an adventure. As a teacher I enjoy reading novels to my students. I think the story can speak to you for many different reasons.  And while every book might not directly relate to your life, you can always take something from the story and make it your own. The 5th grade staff had the perfect story with Little Red Riding Hood. We decided to take the story a step further from just reading and answering questions to having the children and parents jump into the story with us. The answers ranged from the typical (run, jump, dance) to the hilarious! (I especially loved Red Riding Hood moonwalking!) Acting out a story is just one of the many ways that you can get your child involved in literature. 


The wolf is scaring Little Red Riding Hood! Good thing Woodcutter has an ax!

Oh no!! The Wolf is eating Little Red!

The Woodcutter is slicing open the Wolf to rescue Red and Grandma!
Mr. Bokker, Mr. Ferguson, and I at Hulet's Family Reading Night.
Pictures by Miss Jaster. You can check out her blog at http://jasterclassblog.blogspot.com

I hope all the students and parents enjoyed Family Reading Night as much as I did!

I'm so lucky to work with Mr. Wright, Mr. Bokker, and Mr. Ferguson. Not only are they great colleagues, but they are also good friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment