Friday, January 20, 2012

Funny Cause & Effect Holiday Stories

Every holiday season there seems to be one or more things that happen thanks to cause and effect.
Mrs. T's Holiday Story
My holiday break started immediately after dismissal from school. I was excited to get on the road early and see all my family again! It's been since July, so I was pretty excited to see them. There's really only 2 ways to get to El Paso (where my family was having Christmas), and we chose to take I-40. And here is where the fun begins...
Because it snowed all over I-40, they closed the roads. Because the roads were closed, we were forced to spend the night in Grants. The next day we got up, but the weather wasn't much better. We drove to Albuquerque, but because the snow had traveled south I-25 was closed. Since I-25 was closed we were forced to stay the night in Albuquerque. The next day the roads were clear so we were able to make it to El Paso in time to see my brother before he deployed to the Middle East. My trip was directly linked to every cause and effect! 

See how easy cause and effect affects our daily lives!

Below are some of our class made holiday cause and effect stories. We passed our papers around the class having people add to the cause and effect. These papers had the best ideas and the funniest stories!

My Holiday
Started by: Kiah D. (but helped by the whole class)
On Christmas morning I woke up and it was super cold because I was outside. I was on Santa's sleigh. Then he said, "Ho! Ho! Ho! You're awake! Sorry, but you're on my sleigh." So I fell asleep on his sleigh because I heard someone on the roof. When I went up there they knocked and I thought it was Santa. I was so happy to see him, because he had all of my presents. Then he saw me and screamed because he didn't know me. I was happy to meet him because he was my favorite person in the whole world beside my parents. So I wanted to meet him inside my house. Once Santa came in, I gave him a glass of milk because he was thirsty because he was dehydrated. Santa said he had a tight schedule so I said goodbye and he left.

My Holiday
Started by: Alexis (but helped by the whole class)
When I woke up this morning I went to California, so on the way we had stopped for a snack so I asked for a drink of lemon juice so when I got the lemon juice I drank it all, so I would not get car sick. When we got on the roof I threw up. My mom took me back home because I had chicken pox. It itched because they were supposed to itch and they hurt because I kept scratching them so I finally stopped scratching them because they were too heavy to carry because there was a lot of stuff in it, so I just had to carry it. My skin turned purple, so I went to the doctor and they gave me medicine. My trip to California was over because my pox got in the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment